Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A few cards

I have been out in my studio when Katelyn goes to bed lately. It is nice to go out there for a couple hours. I feel energized and happy while I am out there papercrafting. I had a couple cards I was commissioned for a wedding. I also needed to make my nephew a card for his birthday as well.

I have been using the sketches over at Mojo Monday for inspiration. They have a GREAT website. Check them out at I actually used the sketch for this week for my nephews card. It is an A2 card with paper from the DCWV Glitter Stack. I used my Big Shot to emboss cardstock with the Cuttlebug "Bubbles" embossing die. I cut the scalloped circles at 3" and 2 3/4 inches from the Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge. I cut the "8" from the Mickey & Friends Font. I think it turned out really cute.


Here is the Wedding Card I did as well. I used the Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" Embossing die on the card. The Wedding Bells was cut from the Cricut Wedding Solutions cartridge at 1" then glittered. I used the Fiskars border punch as well. The base of the card was paper from DCWV Glitter Stack. I LOVE how this card turned out. It is SO cute!

I used my Bind it All for the first time this past weekend too! Can you believe it? I have owned that tool for over a year and was so intimidated to use it, so it just sat on my work table. What a complete shame that I wasted all that time! I finally got up the nerve to do a project with it after watching The Pink Stampers video on how to use it. Thank YOU Robyn! I am no longer afraid! If you have never checked out Robyn's blog and you are a cardmaker, YOU MUST!
That's all for now, check back soon. I hope to be doing more crafting this weekend!

4 comments:

Olena said...

Beautiful cards! Love it! ~Olena~

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great cards! Very pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are just beautiful! Love the texture and sparkle!

Stamp and Smile said...

Darling cards!! Love your take on the Mojo Monday challenge... fun colors and sparkles too!! YUMMY!TFS... :)